Friday 21 September 2012

The time is near!

Well that says it right there.  In less than 2 days I will be able to say that I've ran a half.  This week was a little nerve racking.  I only ran twice this week.  By my training program I was supposed to run 6km on Monday and 8km on Wednesday.

Monday's 6K - I brought the kids with me, one in the jogging stroller, one on a bike...and one extra kid on a bike (Not mine, I swear). As much as I love running with my kids, I find it hard to get into the "zone".  I'm always watching for traffic, pushing the stroller, and they talk....ALOT!  So we take off and 4k out my older one falls off of her bike and scrapes herself pretty good.  Time to head home.  So my 6k ended up to be a 5k with a real crappy pace (6:15 km/min), and just not feeling it.






So now my nerves start going and my mind starts trying to tell me I'm screwed for this weekend, the shitty runs will continue.  The rest of the night Monday I'm crabby about the run, all day Tuesday my mind is racing.  Not a great feeling.







Wednesday's 8k - I leave the kids behind.  I know I need a good run to put my mind at ease. So I turn the tunes on, lace up and head out.  Right away I get into the "zone" and I'm feeling it.  Pace is great(5:22 min/km), legs feel great, breathing is great.  I look down at my Garmin and I'm all ready at 8.2K, Guess I should head back.  I end up at 9k and it felt amazing.  Oh yeah, bring on the race!

Plan for the rest of the week is to take it easy, do some light core work.  I might do a small easy run either Friday or Saturday just to stretch the legs out.

Sunday's race will have my nerves up, but I've done my training.  I only missed one short run with my IT Band issues.  Nothing else to do but get my mind in the game and run on Sunday!  Wish me luck!


3 comments:

  1. Luck, Luck, Luck! You'll do GREAT. :) Just keep a good mental attitude about it all. :)
    Hey, I'm hosting a running blog hop at http://feetdominatingpavement.blogspot.com/2012/09/friday-runners-blog-hop.html. I'd love to link up to your blog! Check it out. :)
    L Finch

    ReplyDelete
  2. In case I don't remember to tweet it to you, have an awesome run on Sunday!! I know you have trained hard and have a lot of heart towards the cause, so you'll do great!!

    Can't wait to hear the recap :)

    ReplyDelete